Business Operations Analyst
Full time, permanent
Share This Job:
We are looking for a Business Operation Analyst. This is an entry level role for a confident graduate (degree to be in a related topic e.g. Finance, Business or Accounting) with some work experience, or for a non-graduate with a couple of years’ experience in a similar role. Note, this is not a gateway position to a consultant role. The applicant will learn a lot about operations and finance, and will be able to develop into the role as the business grows.
The role reports to the Head of Operations who is responsible for all operational management activities including performance monitoring, resourcing, invoicing, technology, client and consultant and office management.
The role will support the Head of Operations with responsibilities including:
- The collation, analysis and reporting of performance data to ensure projects are delivered on time/to budget. Trends, exceptions, and opportunities are identified and flagged with recommended actions.
- Manage the forecasting of work and resources.
- Accountability for the quality and accuracy of information in databases. This could include client contact information, project budgets or resource availability.
- Create insightful management information packs using PowerPoint.
- Liaise with the project leads to ensure weekly project status reporting is provided in a timely manner.
- Provide ad-hoc performance reporting/insight.
- Support the Head of Operations with month end accounting processes, including data analysis, invoice preparation, consultant and client billing.
- Monitor client invoice payments, following up where invoices are overdue and responding to queries via a shared mailbox.
- Manage the onboarding of new consultants, projects and clients, including contract preparation/review, validating documents, and account creation.
- Support with the scoping, implementation and ongoing management of new processes/technologies. This could include project delivery methodology and resource management software.
- Creating process documents- either written instructions or process maps. Identifying improvements or efficiencies and implementing the required changes.
- Educate other team members on relevant business processes, tools, and technologies through training, coaching and creating resource documents.
- Updating the CRM system and using it to track pipelines and opportunities.
- Action taking and tracking as required.
Key skills and competencies
You must be able to:
- Manipulate, interrogate, and present data in Excel. By this we mean competently create/use formulas (including VLOOKUP, IF, SUM, CONCATENATE etc), Pivot Tables, and Pivot charts.
- Understand how to turn data into performance insight.
- Work at pace and to tight deadlines whilst maintaining quality.
- Create professional looking management information packs in PowerPoint whilst following style guidelines.
- Enjoy a degree of uncertainty. We are a small but fast-growing business with frequently emerging new opportunities
Use your initiative and be proactive.
- Work both independently and collaboratively to solve problems.
- Review existing ways of working and make recommendations on process changes, new tools or new technology.
- Engage with and positively challenge senior stakeholders with clarity of insight.
Experience of the following would be beneficial, however we welcome all candidates with the enthusiasm to learn:
- An awareness of how and why financial services firms are regulated in the UK
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Experience of using Google Workspace- Gmail and Calendars
- Experience of Xero accounting software
- Process improvement/process mapping experience
Due to the nature of the business, the role will be exposed to information of a highly confidential nature. It is essential that the person acts with upmost integrity and understands the limitations of what can be discussed outside of the business.